发新话题
打印【有2个人次参与评价】

[外语] 本周已更新 关于英语阅读能力的训练和提高(讨论+分享)

本周已更新 关于英语阅读能力的训练和提高(讨论+分享)

发这个帖子的理由很简单:在教学中发现学生阅读能力在综合能力中显的比较薄弱,而且也是热门英语考试及比赛的重要失分点。况且,想要阅读分数在短时间内立马提高,几乎是不太现实的事情,所以,在时间允许的情况下,每周我会在该贴上更新一至两篇英语短文,有时间的家长或者小朋友可以阅览,若是可以的话适当地选择几篇背诵一下。最终要的还是坚持!长久的篇章锻炼,对阅读能力有一定的帮助,若能再背诵两篇,对记忆力甚至是写作能力也会有不小的帮助。
有几个小建议
1. 宁可坚持每天一篇,也不要因为一时的兴趣,头两天阅读了3篇,后几天阅读1篇,之后就放弃了。
2. 不懂的单词先纵观全文进行猜测,不要一遇生词就查词典。
3. 如果只是对着电脑屏幕看,尤其是在晚上容易瞌睡,不如放声朗读。平时在学校锻炼口语的机会本身就少,加上小学阶段几乎都有辨音题,及时发现自己的语音薄弱处就能有效的进行改正,对辨音题也有很大的帮助。
4. 若对篇章有了一定的理解后,可以尝试着进行复述,把篇章内容告诉父母或者是周围的朋友,大家一起学习一起进步。
5. 从易到难,逐步提高,切忌心急

P.S. 欢迎各位提出意见,并且能分享自己的学习经验或心得!

开始我会先选择较为通俗易懂的寓言故事或短篇笑话。

PASSAGE ONE:

THE ANT AND THE DOVE

A thirsty Ant went to the bank of a river to drink water. Unluckily,she was carried away by the rush of the stream, and was on the point ofdrowning.

A Dove was sitting in the branches of a tree. When he saw the Ant indanger, he plucked a leaf and threw it into the stream close to her. The Antclimbed onto it and floated in safety to the bank.

Shortly afterwards a bird catcher came and stood under the tree, and laidhis net for the Dove, which sat in the branches.

The Ant saw his design and stung him in the foot. In pain the bird catcherthrew down the net, and the noise made the Dove fly away.

PASSAGETWO

THE ANTS AND THE GRASSHOPPER

The Ants were spending a fine winter’s day drying graincollected in the summertime. A Grasshopper, suffering from hunger, passed byand earnestly begged for a little food.
The Ants asked him, “Why didn’t you store some foodduring the summer?”
He replied, “I had not leisure enough. I passed the daysin singing.”
They then said in scorn, “If you were foolish enough tosing all the summer, you must dance supperless in winter.”

本篇程度相当于二星口语
PASSAGE THREE:
In the market, a buyer asked a seller, "How much is this cat, please?"
"100 dollars."
"But you only asked for 20 dollars yesterday!"
"Yes,  that's true. But this cat ate a bird last night and the bird was worth(价值) 80 dollars!"

本篇程度相当于三星口语二星笔试
PASSAGE FOUR:
Dick has a very big dog, and he likes to take it out in his very small car. He likes playing tennis. One day he plays tennis for an hour, and then he runs out and jumps into a car. His dog comes after him, but it doesn’t jump into the same car. It jumps into the next one.
“Come here, foolish dog!” Dick shouts at it but the dog stays in the other car.
Dick wants to start his car, but his key doesn’t work. Then he looks at the car again. It isn’t his! He’s in the wrong car! And the dog is in the right one! “He’s sitting and laughing at me!” Dick says angrily. Then he gets into his car with the dog.

本篇程度相当于四星口语三星笔试
PASSAGE FIVE:
Robert is fifteen now. Two and a half years ago he came to the city and began to study in a middle school. He studies hard and gets along well with his classmates. And he often helps his friends with their lessons. But as he comes from a village, the headmaster who was born in a rich family is bad to him and does his best to make excuses to punish him. The boy knows it and takes precautions against it.
One afternoon all the students went to have lunch and he bought a piece of bread. He was reading a book under a big tree, while a dog was standing near him. At that moment the headmaster came out and saw it. He became angry and said, “Don’t you know we don’t let anybody rear dogs in the school?”
“Yes, I do, sir.” said Robert.
“Why have you brought your dog to school, then?”
“It isn’t my dog.”
“Why is it following you, then?”
“You are following me now, too.” said the boy, “Can you say you are mine?”

以下两篇相当于小学低年级程度:
PASSAGE SIX:

Teacher: Tom, if you had three apples and ate one, how many would you have?
Tom: Three.
Teacher: Three?
Tom: Yes. Two outside and one inside.

PASSAGE SEVEN:

Teacher: If your brother has five apples and you take two from him, what will be the result?
Student: He will beat me.

本篇相当于小学中高年级程度:
PASSAGE EIGHT:

Two men in the college were talking about their sons.
“My son’s letters always send me to the dictionary,” said one man.
“Then you are quite lucky,” said the other. “My son’s letters always send me to the bank.”

本篇程度相当于四星口语三星笔试
PASSAGE NINE:

THE BEAR, THE MONKEY AND THE PIG

A bear with which a Piedmontese earned his living was trying out on two feet a dance which he had not learned very well.
Wishing to act like a man, he said to a monkey, “How is it?” The monkey, who was a connoisseur, answered. “Very bad.”
“I believe,” replied the bear, “That you are not very kind to me. What, my appearance is not graceful? I do not do the step accurately?”
The pig was present and said, “Bravo! You are doing well. A more excellent dance has never been seen, nor will be seen.”
The bear, on hearing this, there upon took stock of himself, and with a modest manner, exclaimed thus.
“When the monkey disapproved of me, I began to doubt; but since the pig praises me, I must dance very badly.”
Let an author keep this maxim as his girl: If the wise man does not approve, bad! If the fool applauds, worse!

本周更新:
以下两篇相当于小学低年级程度:PASSAGE TEN:

Q: What’s the difference between a monkeyand a flea?
A: A monkey can have fleas, but a fleacan’t have monkeys.

Q: Which is the strongest creature in theworld?
A: The snail. It carries its house on itsback.

以下两篇相当于小学中高年级程度:
PASSAGE ELEVEN:

WHEREIS THE FATHER?

Two brothers were looking at some beautifulpaintings.
‘Look,’ said the elder brother, ‘How nicethese paintings are!’
‘Yes,’ said the younger, ‘But in all thesepaintings there is only the mother and the children. Where is the father?’
The elder brother thought for a moment andthen explained, ‘Obviously he was painting the picture.’

PASSAGE TWELVE:
A fourth-grade teacher was giving herpupils a lesson on logic.
‘Here is the situation,’ she said, ‘A manis standing up in a boat in the middle of a river, fishing. He loses hisbalance, falls in, and begins splashing and yelling for help. His wife hearsthe commotion, knows that he can’t swim, and runs down to the bank. Why do youthink she ran to the bank?’
A girl raised her hand and asked, ‘To drawout all of his savings?’

以下两篇程度相当于四星口语三星笔试
PASSAGE THIRTEEN:

The preacher was vexed because a certainmember of his congregation always fell asleep during the sermon.
As the man was snoring in the front row oneSunday, the preacher determined he would teach him not to sleep during thesermon. So, in a whisper, he asked the congregation. ‘All who want to go toheaven, please rise.’ Everyone got up except the snorer. After whispering ‘Beseated,’ the minister shouted at the top of his voiced, ‘All those who want tobe with the devil, please rise.’
Awaking with a start, the sleepy-headjumped to his feet and saw the preacher standing tall and angry in the pulpit,‘Well, sir,’ he said, ‘I don’t know what we’re voting on, but it looks like youand me the only ones for it.

PASSAGE FOURTEEN:

ECONOMYWASTED

An English tourist found himselfin Norway with only enough in his pocket to pay his passage back. As he knewthat it would take him only two days to get to England, he decided that hecould easily do without food. So he went on board the steamer and bought aticket.
He closed his ears to the sound ofthe lunch bell. When dinner time came he refused the invitation to accompany afellow traveler to the saloon, saying that he didn’t feel well.
The next morning he didn’t go tobreakfast and at lunch time he again stayed in his cabin. At dinner time he wasso hungry that he could not stand it any loner.
“I’m going to eat,” he said, “Evenif they throw me overboard afterwards.”
At dinner he ate everything thesteward put in front of him and felt ready for the coming row.
“Bring me the bill,” he said tothe steward.
“The bill, sir?” said the man.
“Yes,” answered the traveler.
“There isn’t any bill,” was theanswer, “On the ship meals are included in the passage money.”

[ 本帖最后由 wscp 于 2011-12-8 17:31 编辑 ].

我们在看儿童版的圣经(这个非常简单,当故事书看),另外还看CHILDREN版的英文百科全书(在京东抢购到的),按照字母顺序来,每天一篇,他很感兴趣的。里面内容很广,连Mao Zhe Dong 和 Communist 都有。.

回复 2楼shxuco 的帖子

CHILDREN版的英文百科全书——这个好的,刚才去找了找,没有了,有空贴个封面上来?.

回复 3楼小宋他娘 的帖子

http://book.360buy.com/19007970.html

照片在,货没了!.

这个想法甚好,先鼓掌!

我仔细读了楼主贴的两个故事,觉得有点难,我家小三,如果让他读这个,他会抗拒的,因为太难了。
而且,故事的趣味性也不怎么高,原来的时候,我企图在网上找一些英文阅读材料,但是发现,经常会很矛盾,容易的呢,故事简单,孩子提不起兴趣,难的呢,孩子抗拒。所以后来我就放弃了,转向阅读绘本,尽量去挑一些经典的绘本,有图画,难的呢,孩子根据图猜一猜大概意思,容易的呢,孩子也能更好地体会语境。
提了一点意见,并没有给出好的建议,但是我对楼主的想法是支持的,对于阅读的小建议也很赞成。.

引用:
原帖由 shxuco 于 2011-11-3 12:27 发表
http://book.360buy.com/19007970.html

照片在,货没了!
到山东还有,206,53折,你是昨天抢的吗?那就是103元了吧,超实惠~

谢谢推荐,先收一本,偶家的现在看不懂

阅读理解,要有足够的词汇量才行呀,这个需要时间慢慢积累.

回复 6楼主所喜悦的宝贝 的帖子

我是6月份的时候抢的,订好后等了2个月才拿到书。真的很好看,我自己都看得津津有味。.

楼主是老师吗?提得建议非常好,但是贴的两篇故事确实趣味性不强。这也是我一直在顾虑的一件事情,我们一直在读一些简单的原版章节书作为孩子的课外阅读,想JBJ,老鼠记者之类的,这些章节书都很有趣,里面的用词都很原汁原味,有些是孩子们的口语,也有些是俚语,总之和课本上的遣词造句很不一样。
  虽然我坚信从长期来说,进行原版书的阅读对于孩子的英语学习一定是有益处的,但是如果在考试中用到了不那么“规范”的语言,会不会被判错呢?会不会给孩子的学习造成一些困惑呢?.

回复 7楼shxuco 的帖子

等了2个月,哪是啥价格呀,真过瘾

偶下好单了,说是现货呢,应该三五天就能收到

另外,你让儿子读的儿童版圣经是什么样的?我们是在进度很慢地背诵英文的圣经原文。.

回复 9楼主所喜悦的宝贝 的帖子

背圣经原文啊,太佩服了。我心里也是希望他这么背的,但我们5年级了,学习紧张没时间,而且他不喜欢背。我准备慢慢来  
我们看的是 The beginner's Bible --- 字很大,有彩图的那种,估计是外国小孩子看的。比如开头是这样的:
In the beginning, the world was empty. Darkness is everywhere. But God had a plan. God separated the light from the darkness. "Let there be light!" he said. And the light turned on. He called the light "day". And he called the darkness "nighty". This was the end of the very first day.  就这样一连介绍了7天。
第二篇是 Adam and Eve.
也分为Old Testament and New Testament..

回复 10楼shxuco 的帖子

http://ww123.net/thread-4787886-1-1.html

我们是三年级,几个孩子一起学,背诵的比较慢。

五年级,你其实是可以选一些经句让他来记了。一、二句箴言或者诗篇,或者一周一段不太长的经文。

我们这周加上了创世纪的第一句:In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.起初神创造天地。我觉得这句特别经典,与约翰福音的开头:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.太初有道,道与神同在,道就是神。——是相呼应的。单词也比较简单,好记好认。.

体验英语图解学习词典

http://product.dangdang.com/prod ... 0&ref=order-2-A

当当做活动,偶就选了这本词典。今天拿到,推荐!彩色图片,印刷精美。

开始女儿听说是词典不是很感兴趣,翻开看了看,马上喜欢了。

比如P38页,介绍情感Feelings,列出了25个词语的中英文,配有相应的图片。
25个词语分别是:1引以为荣/骄傲 proud,2快乐happy,3生气angry,4感兴趣interested,5平静calm,6紧张nervous,7不好意思/尴尬embarrassed,8恋爱中in love,9饱full,10饿hungry,11渴thirsty,12沮丧frustrated,13无聊bored,14生病/不舒服sick/ill,15忧虑worried,16想家homesick,17孤独 lonely,18大惑不解confused,19害怕/恐惧afraid/scared,20兴奋excited,21悲伤sad,22惊讶surprised,23累tired,24舒服comfortable,25不舒服uncomfortable
(词典中,英文在上,汉语在下,我为了打字方便先打了汉字).

回复 11楼主所喜悦的宝贝 的帖子

真不错,让他背背看。.

回复 5楼小宋他娘 的帖子

您好。非常感谢您的建议,这两篇文章基本针对小五或以上的孩子了,或者是有一定的英语基础的孩子。动物型的故事会让他们有想象的空间,当然前提是他们得大致看懂。以后在选文时我会注意分成小学低年龄段和高年龄段并注明的。.

回复 8楼渔舟唱婉 的帖子

您好,我是老师。从学校的角度而言,每位英语老师相对会有一个语言表达的规范性,但是大体都是差不多的。虽然碰到过学生说自己在学校的考试中写了colour,但是老师规定的是color,所以算是错误的。当然此类现象不多,所以我只能很无奈的和我的学生说:请按照考试科目老师的要求进行答题。但是统一性的大考,如中考,高考等,阅卷老师的资历都非常的丰厚,所以相对的公正性及学术性家长可以放心!请坚持阅读原版书籍,受益匪浅!
关于我选的文章,可能教的孩子都是小学高年级,且有较好的基础,所以会相对有些难度。以后在选文时我会注明程度,让家长有选择性。
谢谢您的建议。.

LZ的提议太好了。有没有适合预初、初一孩子的文章,谢谢!.

小学一年级应该从什么样的书籍开始呢?求教了!.

回复 16楼天天妈咪 的帖子

您好!六七年级的孩子的文章我有如下建议:
1. 新概念第二册。这套教材十分经典,也不需要我再多做介绍。
我的建议是从第一课开始给TA听,第一遍先不要看文章,但是可以给TA看生词表,大部分的学生都能了解文意。然后让TA尽可能地说出TA所听到的内容。之后再给TA看文字稿。这样一举两得:听力+阅读。
2. 妙语短篇C,如果程度较好的话可以看D。这套书虽然不像新概念那么具有历史性,但是编写的十分到位,有篇章有习题,还有单词的额外解释。最重要的是,这个系列是循序渐进的,并配有一定的插图,相信TA在阅读时不至于太无聊。您可以去书店里翻阅一下,然后网上订购,这样比较实惠。
3. 双语读物基本都会标有对应年级的,如书虫系列,新课标等,我一些学生他们学校本身就是会要求读这些书籍的。
希望这些能对您有所帮助。.

回复 17楼家有一小女 的帖子

您好!
小学一年级的话有以下建议:
1. 带卡通图的阅读书籍,因为孩子年龄小,在挑选的时候尽量以趣味性为主。
2. 自然拼读的学习。在论坛中有不少介绍这方面的东西,我不多做介绍了。大致就是见字拼音、听音拼字的规则。关于这方面的内容,你可以上专门的网站去下载点书籍看看:http://www.progressivephonics.com/ 若有疑问您再消息我
我想说,英语的学习家长切忌焦急。虽然很多学习是为了证书,但是还是希望以学习作为前提,一步一个脚印地读,即使过程有些漫长,需要坚持,但是相信这样的孩子才能笑到最后!.

回复 18楼wscp 的帖子

非常感谢您详细周到的回复!我们已经在学习新概念2,学到24课了,但是文章不大肯背;妙语短篇听说过,我去看看;双语系列能否介绍一些书名呢? 谢谢!.

回复 19楼wscp 的帖子

对的,我认同学习需要一步一个脚印,谢谢回复。
还想问一下这些故事需要背诵出来吗,孩子有的时候会读会背,但是并不了解词汇的意思,我该分析给她听吗?.

收藏,献花,LZ太辛苦了,一段段码上来.

回复 18楼wscp 的帖子

谢谢,今天买了妙语短篇C1,先看看效果如何。.

回复 20楼天天妈咪 的帖子

新二的文章较为经典,如果不愿意全部一一背诵的话,可以请TA的老师帮TA精选几篇。
双语系列的书籍很多,比如书虫的阿拉丁等,上面均标有年级程度,可做对应。.

回复 21楼家有一小女 的帖子

如果课业不是非常繁忙的话建议可以选择性背诵,如果不愿意背诵的话可以让TA进行复述。
可以让孩子先告诉你文章大意,然后您再让TA自己查字典,查字典的习惯也是十分重要却容易被忽略:).

回复 22楼快乐的小鱼 的帖子

呵呵~谢谢~大家也给了我不少经验之谈。。。同享同享~.

回复 23楼shxuco 的帖子

恩。重要的是坚持:).

回复 27楼wscp 的帖子

是的,坚持啊! 孩子做了三篇,很喜欢的。里面的故事很有趣,题目中有词性变换,孩子这方面不熟悉,正好让他练练。.

回复 1楼wscp 的帖子

很喜欢这几个英文小故事,请问在哪里可看到更多这种有趣的笑话,.

回复 28楼shxuco 的帖子

兴趣是最好的老师:)词性变化平时练习的不多,所以可以通过这本来进行累计。.

回复 29楼two and half ma 的帖子

您好!这些短篇都是平时累积的,有些是趣味书籍有些是考试题目等。。。这个帖子每周都会更新,还请留意:).

回复 1楼wscp 的帖子

我家小女现在小一,最近几天和她一起坚持读您推荐的短文. 有个问题想请教下:  是否每天都读新的,还是把每个短文读熟了,能背了再读新的?.

发新话题