发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

What efforts have you made to improve your English?

What efforts have you made to improve your English?

Guys,

Let us share what efforts we have made to improve our English.

I read English novels. However, except for some very simple story books, it is just not easy to finish, especially since we are very tired after a whole day's work.

Purchased English MP3s such as VOA English. Just listen to the MP3s. It is easier than novels.

Purchased satellite TV with English channels. Watch English TV almost everyday. It is the easiest approach.

However, regarding oral English, my practice is not enough..

I think when you can think in English, then your English would be passing the bottom neck.
That is why we come to this Englishcornor, to freely discuss EVERY SUBJECT.
However, the subject in this cornor is really quite limited, I notice..

When we talk to native Chinese speakers in English, the vocabulary involved is very limited.
Sporadic talking with foreigners may not help much eitehr, because the subject will not be discussed in depth, and usually we do not have enough time to think thoroughly before expressing, so it is unlikely to practice some sophisticated thoughts or words..

回复 20#GarfieldMa 的帖子

Hehe, everyone is lazy, until pushed or motivated. A good teacher is the right person who draws a beautiful cake for you, letting you know:

1. with good english skills, you will have access to higher postion in career and enjoy higher salary;
2. You will be able to make friends with foreigners, read interesting books, travel to different countries, therefore make your life more interesting;
3. Your kids will have better english skills compared to other kids, and have a different mind-set than other kid.
4. You may be able to curse back one day you meet a very bad foreigner who pissed you off.
5. Another language is also another life-style and value different from our own..

回复 27#viviancao 的帖子

wow, your employer is so generous...........
If you are forced to do an english presentation to a bid audience soon, you will have to make good preparations..........

发新话题