发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

Why kids can't living with Mon & Dad by turn after parents divoiced

Why kids can't living with Mon & Dad by turn after parents divoiced

Reading this post, i feel US. kids are mush happier than us when their parents divoiced. Why we Chinese can't treat own kids better after they divoiced?

When are we going to see Mommy?
I need to get advice on how to handle something that happens everytime my daughter is with me. Because of custody, I have my daughter every other day and overnight twice a week. Whenever she is with me, she asks "when are we going to go back to mommy's?" With this is always a sadness in her voice.
It is a constant question, and one that I tire from answering. I assure her "We'll see her tonight", or "You'll see Mommy tomorrow" I repeat my answer numerous times during our visits and try distracting her with something else. I don't know if this is a reassurance to her, or is she just at that age where one parent is more of a figure in her life? Am I saying the right things?

here is another post replied the origianl post---I face the same situation with my daughter. Her mother and I have been divorced for quite a while and I have her 4 nights a week and her mother has her 3 nights a week. When she's here she asks about her mother and when she's at her mom's she asks about me. I only know this because my ex and I have great communication and share this information. I can about assure you that the same is happening in your situation.

I handle the situation the same way you do..."you'll see mommy tomorrow". Believe me, I understand the feelings that you're having too. While I know she asks the same questions about me at her mom's, it's still very hard to sit and hear her ask about her mom when she's with me...it feels like she doesn't want to be with me, but that's not it. She wants to be here and she loves me. It's just that when she is with me, she misses her mom and vice versa. It's hard because she can't be with both parents at once.

Do your best to let it roll off your shoulders and not bother you...it's very likely she's doing the same at her mom's.

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-4-1 11:34 编辑 ].

回复 2#nice妈妈 的帖子

Thank you!

But this is not my case, sorry for make you confused.

I read the post in another parents forum,  the blue part is a reply to the orgianl poster.

My feeling came form this reply, i feel lots divoiced father should learn to love their kids, not just leave them with their mom.

i have updated the post.

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-4-1 11:45 编辑 ].

回复 5#nice妈妈 的帖子

You are right!

But i still think many Chinese men are not as responsible as foreiners as a divoiced farther.

Also this situlation make many mon darn't divoice with their husband, even they don't lover each other any more..

回复 8#nice妈妈 的帖子

if we cann't change the environment, we change ourselves!.

发新话题