发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

how do you think about Netiquette

how do you think about Netiquette

maybe you already know the word—“netiquette”. it is a portmanteau word of network etiquette.
“Etiquette” means simply treat others with polite and courtesy
on the cyberspace, although we are not phisically facing each other, but shall we still obey the general rules of etiquette, shall we just make snide comments to others? Did we think it over about other's feeling like what we did in the real life?

I like the below basic rules very much
1.Respect others
if you don't agree with the other,just respond or refuse politely.

2.Lurk before you leap
understand the topic first,
not long before, one of my post was opposed strongly by someone online, when I checked out what's going wrong with my post, she send me an instant message said she did not read my post carefully and misunderstanding my point.

3.Pay attention to what you write
Try my best to avoid spelling and grammar mistakes and pay particular attention to the content of writing. this would show respect to others time and attention

4.Share your knowledge and be helpful
I really detest some people show off themselves by depreciating others

do you have any unhappy experience when surfing internet,how do you deal with such disgustful situation?

[ 本帖最后由 nice妈妈 于 2009-3-25 19:02 编辑 ].

If a person loses his manner, whoever he is, wherever he is, I will choose not to respond to him..

thanks for bringing this topic, we should always be nice to people..

回复 2#Emerald 的帖子

Me too!

Keep my self away from him/her.

Very good topic!.

well,  nobody knows you are a dog when you are online

be whatever you want to be...forget all the rules... and of course, all the netiquette.

回复 5#loveneverdies 的帖子

I think I can understand your point. the spinal charming of internet and cyberspace is its anonymous  and the freedom brought about. if we insist on the general society rules on the cyberspace, then it might ruin the freedom that netizen might have enjoyed.
But an old chinese saying says:
even the smallest evil should go undone, and even the smallest kindness should be given.
this is more about self-discipline, which means even if I am not going to be caught whatever I do or whatever I say, but I should still insist on a justice moral of my own.
Maybe I am a little bit jerk about this.

What if a netizen enjoys being a dragon on the cyberspace?
It's better to keep away from him. .

behave yourself anytime anywhere just like an educated person should be.

引用:
原帖由 nice妈妈 于 2009-3-26 20:02 发表
I think I can understand your point. the spinal charming of internet and cyberspace is its anonymous  and the freedom brought about. if we insist on the general society rules on the cyberspace, then i ...
well, I guess most of us know what to do. we may blab, but most of the time, no real harm done..

发新话题