发新话题
打印【有3个人次参与评价】

Weight losing excerise----- walk one hour around after lunch???

My best way to keep sound and fit is swimming every other day.  I just wanna reduce my weight slowing but steadily while eating as much as before..

I don't think "lose weight" here is more appropriate than "reduce weight" though people often say lose weight, reduce fat. The point is how to get your viewpoints across to others. So let's pay attantion to what people expressed here, not the wording. Thank you very much!.

-

[ 本帖最后由 九月兔妈妈 于 2009-3-5 18:15 编辑 ].

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2009-3-5 17:54 发表

I like swimming very much also, but it's not very practicle for me to swim regularly.

Because the nearest swimming pool is only open to public from 7:00 to 8:00 am every workday.
What? only one hour a day? Or you mean 7:00am to 8:pm?
I have two places to go, one is Megafit Meilong, the other is at my residential complex. The pool in Megafit is much more sophisticated than the one in our complex,  but it's a bit far from my home(15 minute drive). So I have to swim at our complex during the weekdays though it's cold and not that hygeian. But it's convenient anyway.  On weekends, I'll take my three-year-old boy to Megafit. He love dabbling there and I love swimming there.  I wish he could have buddy there..

引用:
原帖由 嘎嘎的妈妈 于 2009-3-5 19:18 发表
I just can't help myself to say something when I think there is something can be closer to native speaker.

This place is all about sharing, right?
You know, the difference between English native speaker and Chinese is that the former's never picky when a foreigner speaks English while the latter does care so much.

For English learning, I think, is a progressive process from making mistakes to perfect. During this process, confidence is the most active motivation for people who are learning English. Even though I've worked with English native speakers for a decade and learned English as major in university, I can't say which is more idiomatic, because I'm not a native speaker and haven't lived in their countries long enough.

Ps: As a matter of fact, I need to brush up my English a lot since I haven't used it for a year. If you are demanding at my wording or grammar, you might find malapropism in my lines. Then this English corner won't be a place for sharing or expressing or practising anymore.

Gosh, I shouldn't have said so much, but I can't help it, just like you..

引用:
原帖由 嘎嘎的妈妈 于 2009-3-6 10:26 发表
Point taken!

I am very sorry if I hurt your feeling. I shouldn't assume that everyone here has strong nerves like I do.

I hope you know that I didn't mean it.
Don't worry. Maybe I was overreacting..

发新话题