322 1234567
发新话题
打印【有3个人次参与评价】

[外语] 【徐汇】衡山路赵老师新概念开始招生

回复 300楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

51. Please tell me ______. I have some good news for her.
A) where Kitty lived                                        B)where did Kitty live       
C) where Kitty lives                                        D) where does Kitty live
52. --- Do you mind my smoking here?                ---______. Look at the sign. It says, “No smoking.”
A) Of course not                                                B) You’d better not       
C) No, I don’t                                                        D) Never mind
53. --- I’m sorry I broke your mirror.        -- Oh, really? ______.
                A) You’re welcome                B) Don’t be sorry       
                C) Not at all                D) It doesn’t matter
54. Which of the following signs can be seen on the door of a shopping mall?
                A)         B)         C)                 D)

III.Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once (将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空限填一词,每词只能填一次)  (共8分)
( A )
A. how long                         B. where                        C. unless                 D. following                         E. make sure
Many people use the Internet to get useful knowledge and facts, and to relax themselves. But some of them are not using it in a good way. Here are some rules to      46      you are safe and have fun on the Internet.
Make rules for the Internet use with your parents. For example, when and      47      you can go online, and what activities you can do online.
Don’t give your password to anyone else, and never give out the      48      information: your real name, home address, age, school, phone number, etc.
Never send a photo of yourself to anyone in an e-mail      49      your parents say it’s OK.
Never agree to meet someone you meet on the Internet without your parents’ permission (允许). Never meet anyone you meet online alone.
Always remember that people online may not be the people they say they are. Treat (视为) everyone online as if they were strangers.
……
Remember---not everything you read on the Internet is true.
( B )
A. ending          B. usual        C. crying         D. except          E. reasons  
Stress (压力) is everywhere in our everyday life. Not only men have it, but also women and young people.The most important      50      of stress are:death, diseases, exams, making money, getting married, moving houses, changing jobs,      51      friendships and so on …
Doing relaxing exercises, talking with friends and listening to light music are all      52      ways of relieving(减轻) stress. However, doctors now say that there are easier ways—people should laugh and smile more often. When you laugh and smile, your body relaxes. They also say that people, especially men, should cry more often, because       53      is the natural way of relieving stress.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子): (共8分)
54. Our classroom is not as big as __________, but it’s very clean.  (they)
55. Many young people want to become cartoon __________ in the future.  (artist)
56. The Smiths moved into their new house which is on the           floor.  (twelve)
57. It is really __________ to raise the dogs because they can help humans to hunt.  (wonder)
58. Body language is the __________ and most powerful language of all!  (quiet)
59. Listen to the teachers __________ in class and many of your problems will go away.  (careful)
60. Work today is very __________ from the way it was fifty or even twenty years ago.  (difference)
61. The electric light is one of the greatest __________ in the world.   (invent)
62. __________ is the most important factor(因素) to finish the task given. ( confident )
63. It’s our _____________ to produce less air pollution and we can do it. ( responsible )
64. It’s _________ for all the students if the boy can enter the theatre first. ( fair )
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required(根据所给要求,改写下列句子。每空格限填一词): (共12分)
62. Jack has to look after her little brother at weekends.  (改为一般疑问句)
__________ Jack __________ to look after her little brother at weekends?
63. Tom checked the mail every day during the summer holidays last year.  (改为否定句)
Tom _________ _________ the mail every day during the summer holidays last year.
64. We have fine weather today.  (改为感叹句)
_________ _________ weather we have today!
65. I have always been busy because I have to do a lot of work.  (对划线部分提问)
_________ _________ you always been busy?
66. Sometimes children are so young that they can’t tell the bad from the good. (保持句意基本不变)
Sometimes children are _________ young _________ tell the bad from the good.
67. We will welcome all the visitors when they come to Shanghai.  (改为被动语态)
All the visitors will _________ _________ when they come to Shanghai.
68. All the flights were delayed because of the haze weather. (保持句意基本不变)
   All the flights were _________ ___________ because of the haze weather.
69. since , taken place,   great changes,   in China,   1980s,   have(连词成句)
Cheats have taken a large amount of money out of trusting(相信) Japanese in 2003 by phoning and pretending to be relatives in trouble. Japanese police said. In what media are calling the “Hi, it’s me” trick, victims(受害者) receive calls from cheats who call themselves only as “me” and say they are in great need of money to cover anything from an uninsured(未上保险的) traffic accident to an unexpected trouble. Victims think the person on the phone must be a close relative and often agree to send the money to bank account which was provided by the cheat straight away.
There have been 3,807 reported cases till November 2003, with victims paying out a total of almost 2.3 billion yen($ 21.1 million) , according to the police figures. Many of the victims were women over 40, according to the national newspaper. Police said they were advising that people check the identity(身份) of people asking for money on the telephone.
In a more shocking development, some telephone cheats now force money by pretending they have kidnapped(绑架) a victim’s child, with 70 such cases in October alone.
69. Most Japanese were cheated generally _______________ in 2003.
        A) by sending messages                B) by phone                C) by photos                        D) all the above
70. Who were more easily cheated in the trick?
A) Children.                           B) Older women.        C) Young people.            D) Old men.
71. When people cheated agreed to send money, they often gave money to _______.
        A) cheaters themselves                                                B) cheaters’ home
        C) cheaters’ bank account                                        D) the place cheaters provided
72. Why did the victims send money to the cheats?
A) Because they recognized their close relatives in trouble.
B) Because the cheats called themselves as their close relatives.
C) Because the cheats pretended to be their close friends.
D) Because they thought the person on the phone was a close relative.
73. What does the underlined word “shocking” in Paragraph 3 mean?
        A) quick                                        B) slow                        C) amazing                        D) unnecessay
74. According to the passage the more worrying tendency(倾向) is that ___________.
A) there will be more and more cases in Japan
B) a larger amount of money will be paid out by victims
C) Japanese take no notice of the warning by the police
D) Cheats pretend they have taken more dangerous actions when they ask for money
75. Which is the best title of this passage?
   A) Hey, I’m in Trouble                                        B) Hey, Help me
   C) Hey, It’s me! Send Money                                   D) Hey, I Need Money Badly.

回复 301楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

Part 2 (共46分)
Ⅴ. 31. A  32. B  33. C  34. B  35. C     36. C  37. B  38. D  39. A  40. C
41. B  42. C  43. D  44. C  45. B     46. B  47. C  48. B  49. D  50. D
51. D  52. C  53. C  54. B  55. D  56. C
46. E   47. A    48. D    49. C
50. E    51. A     52. B    53. C

Ⅵ. 57. theirs                        58. artists                                59. twelfth                        60. wonderful
61. quietest                62. carefully                        63. different                        64. inventions
Ⅶ. 65. Does…have                66. didn’t check                67. What fine                        68. Why have  
69. too…to                70. be welcomed
Great changes have taken place in China since 1980s..

回复 302楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词或词语,完成短文):(14分)
One hot night, when our new baby wouldn’t sleep, I tried     75     I could think of : a warm bottle, songs, gentle rocking. Nothing would settle(解决) him. Guessing that I had a long night     76     me, I brought a portable (手提的) TV into his room, thinking that watching the late movie was as good a way as any to     77      the hours until dawn. To my surprise, as soon as the TV lit up, the baby quieted right down, his little eyes focused(聚焦)     78     on the screen. Not to waste a chance for sleep, I then tiptoed(蹑手蹑脚) out of the room, leaving him to watch the actors celebrate John Bellushi’s forty-fifth birthday.
My wife and I heard no more of the baby that night, and the next morning when I went into his room, I found him     79     watching TV himself.
I found in my baby’s behavior(行为) a metaphor(暗喻) for the new generation. My wife and I had given him some books to examine, but he only spit(吐) upon them. When we read to him, he did not feel comfortable. And so it is     80     . We find that our students don’t read and they look down upon reading and scold(责怪) those of us who teach it. All they want to do is watching TV. After this experience with the baby, however, I have reached a     81     : “Let them watch it! If television is much more attractive to children than books, why should we fight it? Let them watch all they want!”
75.        A) something                        B) anything                C) nothing                                D) everything
76.        A) in favour of                        B) out of                        C) ahead of                        D) at the end of
77.        A) spend                                B) afford                        C) increase                        D) pass
78.        A) brightly                        B) clearly                        C) seriously                        D) softly
79.        A) already                                B) still                        C) hardly                                D) nearly
80.        A) in the schools                                                B) in the families       
C)in the future                                                        D) in the past
81.        A) character                        B) conclusion                C) response                        D) display
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的词,使其内容通顺,每空格限填一词,首字母已给):(14分)
Like fine food, good writing is something we enjoy. And good writers, like good cooks, have to have a s    81      training to have the skills of writing, so the writer must sit at his desk and take long h      82       to achieve a style(样式) in his writing, for schoolwork, business, or social communication. You may be sure that the more effort(努力) we make, the more effective the writing is.
There are s    83      some faraway places in the world where you might find a public scribe(抄写员) to do your business or social writing for you, for money. There are a few managers who are lucky e    84      to have the service of that kind of secretary who can take care of all kinds of letters writing with no more than a quick note to work from. But for most of us, if there is any writing to be done, we have to do it o    85      .
We have to write school papers, business papers or home papers. And it would be difficult to c    86     the number of such words, messages, letters, and reports. What is more, everyone who writes hopes w    87       he writes will be read, from first word to last, not just thrown into letter-to-be-read files or into a wastepaper basket. This is the reason we bend our efforts toward learning and practicing the skills of interesting, effective writing.
D. Answer the questions(根据短文内容回答下列问题):(14分)
Look closely at the palms(手掌) of your hands and fingertips. See all the tiny lines? Each of us is born with a unique(=only) set of prints, but it may surprise you to learn why we have them. Palm-lines are not for fortune-tellers(算命人) to figure out how long we will live , nor are fingerprints there to make a policeman’s job easier. In fact, the lines and loops(圈) that decorate our hands and feet are an evolutionary gift from nature, and they serve two important functions(功能).
Our prints are made of raised and lowered skin. The raised areas function just like the tread(纹) of car tires or the rubber soles of our running shoes. When we touch something that is wet, water moves from these “hills” into the “valleys’, which means some surfaces on our skin remain relatively dry. This is useful, for it allows us to better grip the things we want to hold.
Our prints help us hold on, but they also have a secondary function: protection. The raised areas serve as buffers(缓冲物) between our skin and an object, keeping us from getting hurt every time we catch the hard surface of a bottle or a baseball bat. This is the same reason why, when we walk too far or wear uncomfortable shoes, we get blisters(水泡) on the soft skin of our ankles(脚踝), but never on our heels(脚跟), like our palms and fingers, have prints to protect them.
It is true that each person’s prints are unique, which makes prints accidentally useful as a means of distinguishing between people. Even twins have different prints, which means that no mistake can be made in determining who did a crime, provided fingerprints or toe prints were left at the scene.
88.        All of the people don’t have unique set of prints at palms when they are born, do they?
____________________________________________________________.
89.        Who often use palm-lines to figure out how long we will live?
____________________________________________________________.
90.        Where are the lines and loops on our hands and feet from according to the passage?
According to the passage they are _______________________________________.
91.        What do the prints on our hands help us to do ?
They help us to ________________________________________.
92.        Do our prints keeps us from getting hurt when we grip the hard?
___________________________________________________.
93.        Why do we get blisters on our ankles instead of on our heels?
____________________________________________________.
94.        What do you think of prints on fingers in determining who did a crime?
______________________________________________________..

回复 303楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

IX. Writing (写话): (共20分)
94.Write at least 60 words about the topic “A thing happened in my class” (以“发生我们班级里的一件事情”为题写话,词数不少于60个,标点符号不占格。)
Use the following points as a guide(作文必须包含下列要点):
What happened in your class?
What did you do at that time?
What can you learn from the thing happened? Why?

I. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容,选出相应的图片)共6分)
1. Class is over. It’s time for lunch.   (F)
2. Kate can play the guitar very well.   (G)
3. Tony is hurrying to work because he got up late.   (B)
4. What a windy day! I must get home before dark.   (C)
5. Jack does exercise every morning to keep healthy.   (E)
6. Tomorrow is my birthday. Can you come to my birthday party?   (D)
II.Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题,选出最恰当的答案): (共10分)
7. M: What are you doing here?
W: I’m waiting for my classmates. We’ll take the underground to Shanghai Oriental Art Centre.
Q: How will the girl go to Shanghai Oriental Art Centre?  (C)
8. M: Hi, Sarah, do you know the girl over there?
   W: The one with curly hair? Oh, that’s our new art teacher. She is so nice that we all like her.
   Q: Who is the girl with curly hair?  (C)
9. W: You look so cool in this yellow sweater.
   M: Thank you. In fact, green is my favourite, but the salesgirl said the green ones had been sold out.
   Q: What colour is the boy’s sweater?  (B)
10. W: What time do you usually go to school?
  M: At 6:45. And it’s about twenty minutes’ walk for me to get to school.
   Q: When does the boy usually go to school?  (C)
11. M: What can I do for you?
   W: I want a camera. You know, Mother’s Day is coming.
   M: How about this one? You can take very nice pictures with it.
   Q: What is the girl doing?   (D)
12. W: Why are you still staying here? Are you going on reading that book till the library closes?
   M: I know it’s not early. But … such bad weather makes me stay.
   W: Look, I have a big umbrella. You can go with me.
   M: Thank you so much.
   Q: Why does the boy stay in the library for a long time?   (C)
13. W: What’s the matter, young man?
M: I have a terrible toothache. And … I couldn’t fall asleep last night.
W: Please lie down and open your mouth.
Q: Who are the two speakers?   (B)
14. M: I’m going to the concert this weekend. Shall we go together?
   W: That sounds great. But I’m afraid I can’t, I want to help to do some housework at home.
   Q: What does the girl mean?   (D)
III. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容, 符合的用“T”表示,不符合的用“F”表示): (共6分)
Scientist wanted
Our company is looking for a new scientist to join our busy team.
About us: We are an international company and we are researching different types of paint. We hope to create a kind of paint that dries very quickly and has no unpleasant smell. If we are successful, we will sell this paint around the world.
About you: You must have working experience in a lab. You must have the experience of working with paint.
Our lab often has a bad smell. It is often very noisy. You must be able to work well in this difficult environment. You need to work calmly and not get excited or upset when there is a lot of work to do. You must have a good sense of humour and enjoy telling jokes. You must have the ability to work alone and also as part of a team.
We are looking for a very efficient person. You need to be able to work quickly and correctly. There is a lot of paperwork. You must like writing reports and be very accurate––it is important that you don’t make any mistakes. You should be an expert in computer.
The job requires you to travel a lot and sometimes work in the evenings and at weekends.
If you think you are the right person for the job, e-mail us today!
17. F   18. T   19. T   20. F   21. T   22. F  
IV. Listen to the dialogue and fill in the blanks (根据你听到的对话,完成下列内容,每空格限填一词): (共7分)
                                                        Mar. 25, 2009
Dear Helen,
Thanks for your last letter. Yes, I’m enjoying myself on my exchange program in France. It’s even better than I thought it would be. I was a bit nervous before I arrived here, but there was no reason to be. My host family is really nice. They go out of their way to make me feel at home. And you wouldn’t believe how quickly my French has improved! I’m very comfortable speaking French now. Although I still make lots of mistakes, it doesn’t bother me as it used to. My biggest challenge is learning how to behave at the dinner table. As you can imagine, things are really not the same as the way they are at home. For example, you’re not supposed to put your bread on your plate. You’re supposed to put it on the table!I thought that was pretty strange at first, but now I’m used to it. You’re not supposed to eat anything with your hands except bread, not even fruit! (You have to cut it up and eat it with a fork.) Another thing is that it is very rude to say you’re full. If you don’t want any more food, you should just say, “It was delicious.” Also, it’s rude to put your hands in your lap. You should always keep your hands, but not your elbows, on the table. I have to say, I find it difficult to remember everything, but I’m gradually getting used to things and don’t find them so strange any more. I’ll write soon and tell you more about life in France. Hope you’re having a good school year.
Yours,
Mei Fei.

回复 304楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

Part 3 (共74分)
75. D 76. C 77. A 78. A 79. B 80. A 81. B
81. strict/serious  82. hours  83. still  84. enough  85. ourselves
86. count  87. what
   E) 99. In France / She is in France
     100. No/No, there wasn’t
     101. Really nice/It’s really nice
     102. Very comfortable /She feels very comfortable
     103. Learning how to behave at the dinner table/ To learn how to behave at the dinner table /It is learning how to behave at the dinner table/ Learning how to behave at the dinner table is the biggest challenge she is facing
     104. When she has bread /She can eat things with her hands when she has bread
     105. Because I want to learn the language/ improve the language/learn the culture/make friends/have a change/visit the famous places (Any reasonable answer is acceptable).

回复 305楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

II. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共20分)
26. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation with others?
A) The police are searching for the suspect(嫌疑犯) here and there.
B) If we learn English as hard as I , we can learn as well as foreigners.
C) I had heard from my uncle in London before you made a phone call to me.
D) Uncle Dawin is a warm-hearted man, who always do others a favour.
27. Which of the following phonetics is read /0ru: /?
A) though                        B) thought                        C) through                        D) throw
28.The mobile phone is becoming ______ useful tool for us to communicate with others.
A) a                            B) /                               C) an                           D) the
29. After school, some students like to play video games, while ______ like playing football on the playground.
A) other                    B) rest                     C) others                   D) the others
30.The timetable show that the FIFA World Cup will be held successfully _____ June,2014 in Brazil.
A) on                                B) from                                C) in                                D) at
31. It is not safe for teenagers to give out too much ______ about themselves on the Internet.
A) information                B) questions                C) ideas                                D) knowledge
32. Two babies died and ______ babies became ill after drinking the milk powder with the chemical melamine(三聚氰氨).
A) two hundreds                B) hundreds of                 C) hundreds                        D) several hundreds
33. ______ people can afford to buy the house because the price of it is too high.
A) Little                          B) A little                        C) Few                         D) A few
34. The number of farmers in China ______ very large. Something must be done to make them rich.
A) is                              B) has                          C) have                   D) are
35. In order to keep the roads safe, we ______obey the traffic rules as often as we can.
A) can                          B) must                          C) need                         D) may
36.My aunt isn’t here.She _______ Beijing on business.She will be back in three days.
A) has gone to                      B) has been to                          C) went                  D) will go to
37. Shanghai’s the new landmark ---the Shanghai Building will be the first ______ building in Asia.
        A) the tallest                 B) tallest                      C) taller                      D) tall         
38. The official has announced(宣布) teachers should not ______ their students buy many extra exercise- books for classes.
A) ask                          B) say                          C) let                            D) allow
39. The songs which were sung by singers in the programme “Sing my songs” sounds ___________.
A) softly                    B) beautiful                        C) well                                D) beautifully
40. Don't ___________ to chat on the internet , or you’ll feel tired in tomorrow’s classes.
A) stay up                        B) set up                         C) wake up                        D) get u
41. Students__________ to close the windows before they leave the physics and chemistry lab.
A) tell                          B) will be told                   C) are told                          D) were told
42. Shanghai taxi base fare (起步价) __________ several times since May, 2008.
A) will be raised            B) has been raised            C) had been raised            D) was raised
43. Free plastic bags were______in all the supermarkets and department stores years ago, but it’s not true.
A) stopped to use                  B) using to stop                    C) stop to use                     D) stopped using
44. ____ Tom _____ Mary is busy at the moment. You’d better play with others.
A) Both…and               B) Not only…but also        C) Neither…nor             D) Either…or
45. MP4 players are very popular among young people nowadays. The underlined part means__________
A) all the same                   B) at the same time                  C) at that moment                 D) at present
46. The global financial crisis (金融危机) made many people __________ their money.
A) be familiar with            B) be based on                     C) be careful with            D) be keen on
47. The cyclist held his raincoat tightly _______ the wind couldn’t blow it away.
A) so                     B) so that                        C) when                   D) because
48. As a new comer, you should be familiar with everything here right now. The underlined part means__________.
A) just now                    B) in a while                    C) at once                     D) on time
49. As is all known, if there is no _______ , the earth would be as lifeless as the moon.
A) atmosphere                    B) effort                                C) direction                        D) fashion
50. ______ beautiful the Oriental Pearl TV Tower looks on New Year’s Day’s night!
A) What a                         B) What an                C) How                    D) How a.

回复 306楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

51.---Do you think you will lose the football match again? ---No, _______We have been training very hard recently.
A) I hope not.             B) I’m sure.                        C) I’m afraid so.                  D) I hope so.
52.---Excuse me, would you mind if I open the window?    ---______
A) Never mind.             B) No, don’t mind.          C) Certainly.                          D) Of course not.
53. No one knows __________.
A) what the computers of tomorrow will be like                B) what will the computers of tomorrow be like
C) what will be the computers of tomorrow like                D) what the computers of tomorrow will like
III.Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once (将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空限填一词,每词只能填一次)  (共8分)
( A )
A. offered                  B. such as                  C. staff                          D. except for                        E. considered  
Do you know giant pandas? They are       46       as national treasure because China is their hometown. Giant pandas are beautiful black-and-white animals. They look like bears, but they are very quiet and peaceful. People couldn’t see giant pandas in different areas before Chinese sent them to other places in the world. The pair of giant pandas, which were       47       by the Chinese mainland (大陆), arrived in Taiwan on December 23, 2008. The pandas, Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan, are not only a gift from the mainland but also friendship ambassadors (大使) to Taiwan. Two       48       from the Wolong Nature Reserve (卧龙自然保护区) went to Taiwan together with the pandas. They also took a week’s worth of the pandas’ favourite food,       49       fresh bamboo, for giant pandas only eat bamboo shoots and leaves, they never eat meat.  
( B )
A. admit                   B. about                        C. more than                        D. except                          E. as soon as
My old friend, Harrison, a British gentleman, was a retired banker. Harrison had worked and lived in the Mediterranean for many years before he returned to England. Harrison had often dreamed retiring in England , his hometown ,where he spent his childhood happily, he had planned to settle down in the country. He bought a house and went to live there       50       he had returned in July. Harrison had thought of everything       51       the weather. Almost immediately he began to complain about the weather, for even though it was still summer,once the most sunshiny days of this period with his schoolmates playing outside during their holidays, it rained continually and it was often bitterly cold.
After so many years of enjoying the sunshine in the Mediterranean, Harrison got a shock. He acted as if he had never lived in England before. In the end, Harrison had to       52       that the weather of his hometown was       53       he could bear(忍受). He had hardly had time to settle down when he sold the house and left the country. The dream of my poor friend had had for so many years ended there.
IV.Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词        的适当形式完成下列句子,每空格限填一词): (共8分)
54.Nobody will help her with her work, so she’ll have to continue it by_________. ( she )
55.Every student should take an _________  part in “Sunshine Sports” .(act)
56.As Grade Nine students, we should take a _________ examination in May.(medicine)
57.We will be glad to celebrate our motherland, China’s _________ birthday on October 1st ,2014. (sixty-four)
58. It is _________ for such a small boy to get the first prize in the long jump. ( usual )
59. Air pollution is one of the _________  problems in our life.  ( serious )
60. With more and more cars in the street, we can’t drive our cars_________ in traffic jams. (easy )
61. These five _________  are my elder brother’s classmates. ( Germany )
V. Rewrite the sentences as required(按要求改写下列句子,每空格限填一词):(共14分)
62.         Alice drinks some milk for breakfast every morning.  (改为否定句)
Alice ______ ______  any milk for breakfast every morning.
63.         Shanghai will hold the World EXPO in less than 400 days.  (对划线部分提问)
______ ______ will Shanghai hold the World EXPO successfully?
64.         Could you tell me when we will hold our school sports meeting? (改为简单句)
Could you tell me ______ ______ hold our school sports meeting?
65.         British children never have lessons at school at weekends .(改为反意疑问句)
British children never have lessons at school at weekends, ______ ______?
66.         It took John one week to read the book Harry Potter . (
John ______ one week ______ the book Harry Potter .
67.         Last year the terrible Wenchuan earthquake killed thousands of people. (改为被动语态)
Last year thousands of people ______ ______ by the terrible Wenchuan earthquake.
68.        The government hasn’t decided where to build a new kindergarten. (保持句意基本不变)
        The government hasn’t decided ___________ the _________ to build a new kindergarten.
69.        It is better for you to take an underground train to the cinema. (保持句意基本不变)
        You ________ _________ take an underground train to the cinema.
70.         a book,  instead of,  we, called Hero, yesterday, going to see, bought, a film (连词成句)
        _________________________________________________________________________
Part 3   Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
A. Choose the best answer(根据短文内容,选择最恰当的答案): ( 12分)
Are you interested in the following courses? Please read them and make a decision soon.            
Course A: Understanding computers
This twelve-hour course is for people who do not know very much about computers but who need to learn about them. You will learn what computers are, what they can and can’t do, and how to use them.
Course fee: $75, from June 7th to June 28th, 9~12 a.m. every Sunday;   Equipment fee: $10;
Joseph Saunders is Professor of Computer Science at New Urban University. He has over twelve years of experience in computer field.
Course B: Stopping Smoking
Do you want to stop smoking? Have you already tried to stop it but failed? Now is the time to stop smoking using the latest methods. You can stop smoking, and this course will take twelve hours or more.
Course fee: $30, from June 6thto June 27th ,4~7 p.m. every Saturday;
Dr. Randy Gilchrist is a top psychologist (心理学家) who has helped hundreds of people stop smoking.
Hypnosis(催眠) has proven very helpful in improving habits. In fact, multiple-session hypnosis has a 66% success rate at helping people quit smoking, higher than any other smoking method available.
Course C: Learn to Speak French
This course is for those who want to learn to speak French, with a small class of less than 20 people, twice a week. You are tested in the first class to know your French level for the course and begin practicing at one of eight different skill levels. This allows you to learn at your own speed, and prepares you to learn through situations of real life with a funny and easy method. 
Course Fee: $200 ,from June 1st to June 25th  ,4~7 p.m. every Monday and Thursday;
Personal tutoring fee(辅导费): $100;
From the first day on you can have your own personal French teacher that corrects your exercises and assists you along the course, who has successfully taught French courses before.
69. The computer professor has got ______years of experience in computer field.
A) more than twelve         B) less than twelve                 C) ten                           D) twelve
70. From June 7th to June 28th we have computer courses______.
A) on weekends                                                                B) on weekdays                       
C) on the first day of a week                                        D) on the last day of a week
71. If you want to take course A, you need to go ______to learn something about computers.
A) once                         B) twice                          C) three times                   D) four times
72. The newest method of         will be used by Dr. Randy Gilchrist to help people quit smoking.
A) sports                 B) medicine                       C) hypnosis                       D) surgery
73. The underlined word “quit ” in the Course B probably means              .
A) worry about               B) give up                          C) go on                        D) try on
74. Have a test in the first French class is to             .
A) know your French level for the course                    B) correct your exercises
C) practise your eight different levels                       D) learn your speaking speed   
75. With a personal French teacher helping you along the course, you should pay _________for French Learning course altogether.
A) $300                          B) $200                          C) $150                            D) $100
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文):(14分)
Hundreds of years ago, news was carried from place to place by people on foot or by horse. It took days, weeks and sometimes months for people to receive news. Now it is possible to send words and pictures around the world in  (75)   . Billions of people learn about news stories of their motherland and over the world every day ,either by (76)      TV or reading newspapers.
   Newspapers have been an important part of everyday life since the 18th century. Many countries have hundreds of different newspapers. How do newspaper editors (77)    which news stories to print? Why do they print some stories and not others? What makes a good news story?
    Firstly, it is important to report news stories. TV stations can report news much faster than newspapers. Yet, newspapers give more about the same story. They may also  (78)     story in another way, or they may print completely different stories to those on TV.
    Secondly, a news story has to be interesting and unusual. People don’t want to read stories about everyday life. As a result, many stories are about some kinds of (79)     and seem to be “bad” news. For example, newspapers never print stories about planes landing safety, (80)    they print stories about plane accidents.
Another factor(因素) is also very important in many news stories .Many people are interested in news in foreign countries, but more prefer to read stories about people, places and events in their (81)     country. So the stories on the front page in Chinese newspapers are usually very different from the ones in British, French and American newspapers.
75.        A) seconds                       B) minutes                  C) hours                               D) days
76.        A) showing                       B) watching                 C)seeing                               D) having
77.        A) give                           B) decide                        C) produce                D) order
78.        A) look for                       B) look out                  C)look at                        D)look up
79.        A) danger                B) safety                  C) amusement                    D) difference
80.        A) indeed                 B) inside                       C) immediately              D) instead
81.        A) own                   B) local                         C) old                               D) native
C.        Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的词,使其内容通顺,每空格限填一词,首字母已给):(14分)
Almost everybody knows that education is very important for a person’s success. It plays its role in all parts of life. Now let us find out how it affects our lives.
Education is generally seen as the b       81         of society. Receiving education firstly makes people strong enough to look after themselves in any given situation. It keeps people k       82         their given surroundings(环境) as well as the rules of society. It tells people about their rights and the services that they can get. And it also teaches people to differentiate(辨别) b       83         right and wrong.
Another important function(功能)of education is that it helps people have more chances to get a job.  When faced with the choice between a well educated and a not so well educated person, the boss will most p       84         choose the well educated one.
Education can help people be c       85        . Education allows people to believe in themselves. It is the most wanted character(特征) in a human being and education leads people t       86         relying on themselves, making them believe that they are ready to take the responsibility for the world. Education also helps people understand themselves better, and realize their potential(潜能). 
The importance of education cannot be ignored(忽视) by any country. Education is something a       87         in the world to help finding better jobs and finally succeeding in life
D. Answer the questions(根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 14分)
From the first day he entered my junior-high classroom, Willard P. Franklin existed in his own world, shutting out his classmates and teachers. Even a “Good Morning, Willard” from me, his class teacher, received only a word“Morning”. His classmates could get the same reply, too . Willard was completely a loner who seemed to have no desire or need to break his barrier (障碍) of silence.
Shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday, we received the word of the annual Christmas collection of money for the less fortunate people in our school district.
“Christmas is a season of giving,” I told my students. “There are a few students in the school who might not have a happy holiday season. By contributing to our Christmas collection, you will help buy food, clothing and toys for these needy people. We start the collection tomorrow.”
When I called for the contributions the next day, I discovered that almost everyone had forgotten, except for Willard P. Franklin. The boy dug deep into his pants pockets as he strolled up to my desk. Carefully, he dropped two quarters into the small container.
“I don’t need any milk for lunch,” he said very quietly. For a moment, just a moment, he smiled. Then he turned and walked back to his desk.
After school, I took our meager (少量的) contributions to the school principal. I couldn’t help sharing the incident that had taken place.
“I may be wrong, but I believe Willard might be getting ready to become a part of the world around him,” I told the principal.
“Yes, I believe it sounds hopeful,” he nodded. “And I think that we might do well to have him share a bit of his world with us. I just received a list of the poor families in our school who most need help through the Christmas collection. Here, take a look at it.”
As I gazed down to read, I found Willard P. Franklin and his family were the top names on the list.  
88. Which word did Willard P. Franklin’s teacher and his classmates get from him?
        ______________________________________________________________.
89. Is Christmas a season of giving?
90. When did Willard P. Franklin’s class receive the word of the annual Christmas collection of money?
91. How many students in Willard P. Franklin’s class did their Christmas contributions actually?
92. Willard P. Franklin had no milk for lunch that day, did he?
93. Who most needed help through the Christmas collection in this story?
94. What’s your opinion of Willard P. Franklin after you read this story?
95. What’s the best title of the passage?
        ______________________________________________________________..

回复 307楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

VII. Writing (作文): (共20分)
94. Write at least 60 words about the topic “My favourite way to relax”.(以“我最喜欢放松的方式”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文,标点符号不占格。)
Use the following pictures and points as a reference. (以下图片和问题仅供参考)

What’s your favourite way to relax?
Why is it your favourite way to relax? (Give at least 2 reasons )
What change(s) does it bring you?
My favourite way to relax
________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________
________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________
________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ _______60 ________
_______80 ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________

Ⅰ. Listen and choose the right picture . (共6分)
1. The new law tells us that all the people are not allowed to smoke in public.( G )
2. We want to know why fewer and fewer people like to eat frozen chicken. ( H )
3. On November 11th, a large number customers did a big shopping from the shopping malls and the Internet.( D )
4. The government will close several factories to control the air pollution. ( B )
5. From now on, we can go to Heilongjiang by CRV and it’s much faster than before. ( F )
6. The film made by Feng Xiaogang wasn’t popular with al the people. ( A )
Ⅱ.        Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear .(共10分)
7. M: My grandma will be here on Thursday.
W: That’s the day after tomorrow.
M: That’s why I’m so busy with housework today .
Q: What day is it today?   ( A )
8. M: What have you bought in the supermarket?
W: I bought some apples, peaches, pears and grapes.
M: Are these for our dinner?
Q: What did the woman buy in the supermarket?  ( C )
9. M: What would you do if you saw a mouse in the kitchen?
   W: I’d stand on a chair and scream.
   M: But a mouse can’t hurt you! It’s just a little animal.
   W: Anyhow it’s awful.
   Q: How does the girl feel about mice?   ( B )
10. M: How often do you go to the training center?
W: Not as often as I’d like to.
M: I thought you went every day.
W: No, only Mondays and Fridays now. I’m too busy.
Q: How often does the woman go to the training center?  ( D )
11. M: Do you have any books about the Space?
W: Yes, of course. It’s on the fifth shelf over there.
M: How long can I keep it?
W: For two weeks.
Q: Where does this dialogue probably take place?   ( C )
12. M: Hi, it’s John. I’m afraid I won’t be able to work today.
W: Oh, What’s up? Is everything OK?
M: Actually, I’m feeling pretty sick to my stomach.
   W: Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. You should go to see the doctor at once.
   M: Thanks, I will. And I will call you later, all right?
Q: How are the two persons communicating with each other? ( C )
13. M: It’s so cold. Why don’t we get a taxi home?
   W: No, the bus will come in five minutes.
   M: I’m freezing. Let’s start walking.
   W: If we walk home now, the bus will come in a minute.
   M: Yeah, you’re right. Let’s wait another five minutes.
  Q: What will they probably do?      (D)
14.  M: I got a C in my English, Mum.
W: Don’t worry, Bob. I’ll help you. Your English is better than your Dad now.
Q: What does the woman mean?  ( C )
Ⅲ. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false .(共7分)
Swimming is one of those activities that can be learned early in life. Little children can learn to swim as soon as they walk. In fact, you need the same skills in walking as in swimming. However, I believe that five is the best age to learn. By five or six, a child knows fear of water, a very important thing to know. It's wise to be afraid, to recognize true danger. You should understand that the water can sometimes be very dangerous.
In swimming there are certain rules every swimmer should follow:
Firstly, no matter how good you are in the water, never swim alone! If you swim by yourself, with no life guards or friends with you, you may get into trouble.
Secondly, don't do things you can’t do. Most swimmers know enough not to swim too far from the bank or the beach. Showing off by doing dangerous tricks is no good.
Next, don't smoke. Swimming depends on a healthy body; good lungs are part of it.
Finally, try to work at any activity that builds muscles.
Swim safely and you will continue to swim and alive.  
15. F        16. T        17. T        18. T        19. F        20. F
IV. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks . (共7分)  
Class homepage is an important platform of class information sharing in time, but how to create it? There are thirty –eight students in our class. We all give our creative ideas. We agree that a class homepage should have daily or weekly news of class activities. Something like spring outings in April , class meetings, school singing contest, etc, can be put on the class homepage. The class homepage can also have photos of students’ artwork, presentations, and outdoor activities. As parents are always interested in what assignments their kids do in and after class, so the weekly agenda, including in-class assignments and homework assignments, might also be posted on it. In addition, something with common interests, such as “reading corner” is proper to be put on the homepage, too. Welcome to our class homepage!
Keys: information, sharing  weekly news    their kids   have photos   common interests
Part 2   Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分词汇和语法)
Ⅴ. Choose the best answer. (共26分)
31.A 32. C 33.C 34A .35.B 36. C 37.A 38.B 39.A 40.B 41C .42.B 43.A 44.C 45.B 46.D 47.B 48.D 49.C 50.B 51.C 52.A 53.C 54.A 55.D 56.A ;
46. E                47. A                 48. C                49. B
50. E                51. D                52. A                53. C
VI.Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms. (共8分)
57.herself  58. active   59.medical  60.sixtieth  61.unusual  62. biggest
63.easily  64. Germans ;
VII. Rewrite the sentences as required.(共12分)
65. doesn’t drink  66. How soon  67. when to  68. do they 69.spent reading   70. were  killed;
We bought a book called Hero instead of going to see a film yesterday.
Part 3   Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VIII. Reading comprehension. (共56分)
( A ) ( 7分)  71.F  72. F  73. T  74. T  75. T  76. F  77. T;
( B ) ( 7分) 78.A  79.C  80. D  81.C  82.B  83.A  84.A;  
( C )(14分) 85.A 86.B 87. B 88. C 89.A 90. D 91.A;
Keys:         86. base        87. knowing        88. between        89. probably        90. confident        91. to/towards
                92. available
( E ) ( 14分) 99. Morning.   100.Yes. /Yes, it is.     101. Shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday.
102.Only Willard P. Franklin did. 103. No, he didn’t. 104. Willard P. Franklin and his family.
105. He was a warm-hearted boy./He liked to help the others./…(Any reasonable answer is OK.).

回复 308楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

II. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案):(共20)
26. Which of the following word matches the sound /        /?
A) thought                        B) though                        C) through                        D) throughout
27. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation from the others?
A) Lower levels of seas shows that there will be probably another disaster to these animals.
B) We can borrow any kind of books from Pudong Library at any time.
C) What will happen in the following years in the developing city?
D) Knowledge is power. Therefore, we need to read all the time.
28. Don't eat too much sweet food, or you’ll have ___________ toothache sooner or later.
        A) a                                        B) an                                C) the                                D) /
29. Dragon Head-Raising Day is a Chinese festival, but is it ______ February or March this year?
A) at                                B) on                                C) in                                D) to
30. Now that you have come. Just make _____________ at home, everyone.
        A) you                                B) yourself                        C) yourselves                        D) yours
31. In the end, _________ of the South and the North agreed on the plan of building the tunnel.
        A) all                                B) none                                C) neither                        D) both
32. Now there are more and more new drivers, but they haven’t got a correct ________ of direction.
A) idea                            B) feeling                C) experience                    D) sense
33. Nowadays, old people over 70 years old __________ be free to take buses in Shanghai.
        A) need                                B) dare                                C) should                                D) can
34. We should always be ______ our parents for giving us a good education.
        A) responsible for                B) thankful to                        C) familiar with                D) worried about
35. This year the government will offer _______ money to rebuild the street between the districs.
        A) the amount of                B) the number of                C) a large number of        D) far fewer
36. Yin Zhonghua(尹中华) felt extremely __________ after he won the champion(冠军) of the fifth Chinese Talent Show.
        A) exciting                        B) lucky                                C) happily                        D) surprising
37. ___________ fun it is to take part in the Sunshine-one-hour activity in our school!
        A) How great                        B) How a great                C) What great                        D) What a great
38. _________ Mike ________ Jane is free, so you’d better find another student to draw the picture.
        A) Not only…but also        B) Neither…nor                C) Either…or                        D) Both…and
39. To finish the task much __________, we would rather find more persons to do it.
        A) early                                B) earlier                                C) earliest                        D) the earliest
40.         A: Is Lucy knocking at the door?   B: It______ be Lucy. She is in America now.
A) needn’t                        B) mustn’t                        C) can’t                                D) may not
41. ___________ you admit you’re wrong, you should apologize to James for it.
        A) After all                        B) Now that                        C) As soon as                        D) In return
42.         A: How much will it cost to build the school library?  B: About four ______ yuan.
A) million                        B) millions                        C) millions of                        D) million of
43. My father won’t believe it ______he sees it with his own eyes.
A) if                                        B) when                                C) as                                D) unless
44. The students failed to take part in the maths contest, ______?
    A) didn’t they                        B) did they                        C) had they                        D) hadn’t they
45. Li Ping was late again. He promised  _______ late the next time.
A) not to                         B) not to be                        C) don’t be                         D) not being
46. I don’t like noodles. I’d rather______ a bowl of rice.
A) to have                        B) have                                C) having                                D) to having
47. Oh, you’re here. I ___________ you had been here.
        A) don't know                        B) didn’t know                C) haven’t known                D) won’t konw
48. Bill ______  progress if he studies harder than before.
A) will make                        B) has made                        C) made                                D) would make
49. Linda can’t go shopping because she ______ some foreigners around our school.
    A) shows                                B) was showing                C) is showing                        D) has shown
50. In our school students are allowed to ______ school uniform when they are at school.
A) dress                          B) wear in                        C) wear                                D) dress up
51. Yif ______ two magic shows for the CCTV Spring Festival Gala in 2014, but they were not good enough.
A) put off                                B) put up                                C) put down                        D) put on
52. More and more foreigners are living and working in Shanghai at present
A) at that time                        B) in the past                        C) now                                D) then
53. The policeman asked the man ______ near the house on such a dark night.
A) what was he doing                                                B) what he is doing
C) what is he doing                                                        D) what he was doing
54. A: Mary, would you come and pick me up?B: _________.
A) Yes, I do                        B) Thank you.                        C) Ok. Anytime                D) See you.
55. A: You’d better see the doctor. You have coughed a lot.   B: _________.
A) I’ll take your advice.                                                B) Thank you.               
C) It doesn’t matter.                                            D) Don’t worry.
( A)
A. deal with                          B. correctly                          C. organize                  D. ahead                          E. others  
Many teenagers have problems that worry them. Some do not learn their school subjects well.       46       are good at learning and do well in exams, but they are doing so poorly in sports that their classmates call them ‘bookworms’. So many teenagers suffer from stress(压力). The good news is that there are some simple ways to       47       stress.
Firstly, eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and doing exercises are very important. How can we be happy if we are not fit? For school work, planning       48       can help. Making a list of the things they need to do and planning when to do them can help students       49       their time. If you are weak in a subject, you should spend more time on it and ask a teacher for help.
( B )
A. ability                 B. on the other hand                 C. in other words                D. limit                 E. although
PISA is not the same as pizza,      50      both words are pronounced the same by Chinese. Pizza, of course, is the tasty Italian dish of crispy bread topped with many wonderful flavors. PISA,       51       , is just a test, a reflection(反映) of the knowledge you learn in school. And how could that possibly be as flavorful as pizza?!
PISA stands for Programme for International Student Assessment(评估). It’s a test taken every three years by fifteen-year-olds worldwide. It tests students’       52       in math, reading and science. Last year’s results were just released and they show that Shanghai students are ranked(名列) number one in the world. Yes, that’s right! Shanghai students are the best in the world!
Doing well on the tests like PISA is important, but developing yourself as a whole person is also important. There is no end to the flavor you can add to pizza, and there should be no       53      to the amount of flavors you can add to your own life..

( A)
A. deal with                          B. correctly                          C. organize                  D. ahead                          E. others  
Many teenagers have problems that worry them. Some do not learn their school subjects well.       46       are good at learning and do well in exams, but they are doing so poorly in sports that their classmates call them ‘bookworms’. So many teenagers suffer from stress(压力). The good news is that there are some simple ways to       47       stress.
Firstly, eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and doing exercises are very important. How can we be happy if we are not fit? For school work, planning       48       can help. Making a list of the things they need to do and planning when to do them can help students       49       their time. If you are weak in a subject, you should spend more time on it and ask a teacher for help.
( B )
A. ability                 B. on the other hand                 C. in other words                D. limit                 E. although
PISA is not the same as pizza,      50      both words are pronounced the same by Chinese. Pizza, of course, is the tasty Italian dish of crispy bread topped with many wonderful flavors. PISA,       51       , is just a test, a reflection(反映) of the knowledge you learn in school. And how could that possibly be as flavorful as pizza?!
PISA stands for Programme for International Student Assessment(评估). It’s a test taken every three years by fifteen-year-olds worldwide. It tests students’       52       in math, reading and science. Last year’s results were just released and they show that Shanghai students are ranked(名列) number one in the world. Yes, that’s right! Shanghai students are the best in the world!
Doing well on the tests like PISA is important, but developing yourself as a whole person is also important. There is no end to the flavor you can add to pizza, and there should be no       53      to the amount of flavors you can add to your own life.
IV .Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子)(共8分)
54. Mary bought three ______ in the supermarket, but they are not right for his study. (brush)
55. The old couple had an _______ weekend when their four children came to see them. (enjoy).
56. Edison was a great ______ though he stayed at school for only a little time.(invent)  
57. The policemen ______ in saving the boy within two hours.(success)
58. The boy’s face turned still______ after the headmaster praised him. (red )
59. Chang’e-III landed on the moon _________ , we are all proud of it. (safe)
60. It’s just a waste of money if we buy something ___________(necessary)
61. In educating our children, we should help ___________understand things, not pump things in.(灌输) (they)
62. We were sad to hear the ________ of Liu Lingtong, a great Chinese artist.(die)
63. When you are reading, try to guess the ___________of the new word from the context. (mean)
64. It’s never too late to _____________ if you do or say something wrong. (apology)
65. Our community (社区) is very safe. No __________ has ever happened in our neighbourhood. (robber)
V. Rewrite the sentences according to the instructions in the brackets(按要求改写下列句子,每空一词):(共14分)
62. We need another hour to finish the operation.  (改为一般疑问句)
______ you ______ another hour to finish the operation?
63. We held our school sports meeting in early March.  (对划线部分提问)
_______ ________ you hold your school sports meeting?
64. Phelps broke several world records at the Olympics.  (改为被动语态)
Several world records ______ ______ by Phelps at the Olympics.
65.The tourist would like to know when to leave for Los Angles. (改为复合句)
   The tourist would like to know __________ _________ will leave for Los Angles.
66. Mary was so lucky that she won a free journey to Hongkong. (改为简单句)
Mary was lucky______ to _______ a free journey to Hongkong.
67. The firemen stopped working when all the workers were saved.(保持句意基本不变)
   The firemen _____ stop working _____ all the workers were saved.
68. The government helped to solve the problem as soon as possible for the citizens. (保持句意基本不变)
   The government helped to solve the problem _________ __________ for the citizens.
69. A frined of mine borrowed the novel about two weeks ago. (保持句意基本不变)
   A frined of mine _______ ________ the novel for about two weeks.
70. as , the new classmate , dances , as , nobody else , well , in his class    (连词成句)
When people put their hands in their pockets, they rarely realize they are using an invention that is only a few hundred years old. For several thousand years, human clothing did not have pockets of any kind. People tied a string, usually of leather, around the neck of a purse to keep things from falling out. These purses were usually tied onto belts. Thieves would try to cut these strings to steal the purses.
Near the end of the 1500s, men began to ask for slits(裂口) in their trousers exactly where we have side pockets today. A man still tied the strings of his purse to his belt, but then he pushed the purse through the side slit in his trousers. This made it more difficult for a thief to steal the purse.
These purses were also known as pockets even though they were not yet connected to trousers. We don’t know who thought out how to put this pocket into side seam(接缝) and made it a part of the trousers for ever. The invention made it easier and quicker to get something from the pocket. No longer did a man have to tie a purse from his belt and then undo the string around it.
Shortly after the pocket became a part of trousers for ever, people began to want pockets in other clothes as well. Both women and men asked for them in coats and so on. But they had to take two hands while reaching into the pocket. Finally, people asked for pockets at the hip(臀部) so that it would only take one hand to use the pocket.
Travelers in the days of first pockets had journey from town to town in carriages(马车). They began to ask for secret pockets so they could hide small expensive things from the robbers. The robbers could not always find a secret pocket inside a piece of clothing. Today, business jackets for both men and women still have these inside pockets to protect them.
Modern travellers sometimes still use purses like those of long ago. Today tourists can buy small, flat bags around the neck or waist for their passports and money. Then, even if thieves steal briefcases or women’s handbags, tourists will still have the most important papers and money in need.
Three purposes have shaped the history of pockets. The first is safety. To prevent theft, pockets have been inside business jackets as secret places for expensive things. Pockets also developed because people wanted to reach money, keys, pens, tissue and other items quickly and easily. The third purpose of pockets was the last one to develop.
69.         People have had pockets in their clothes ________.                        
A) since 150 years                                                        B) since 1500               
C) for a few hundred years                                        D) for several thousand years
70.         People began putting their purses in side slits in their trousers because ________.
A) it was harder for the purses to be stolen                B) the purses were less likely to be lost
C) they didn’t like the purses tied to belts                D) robbers could hardly see the purses
71.        People started asking for pockets in trousers for ever because ________.
A) people were able to warm their hands                B) this made it easier to get to the pocket
C) it was hard to find the leather to make purses        D) it was cheap to have pockets than to make purses.
72.         Pockets kept people’s things safe. What is another reason why people liked pockets?
A) Pockets were nice to look at                                B) Pockets were never be lost
C) Pockets hold more than purses                                D) Pockets were easier to use
73.         Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A) Some tourists put passports and money in small, flat bags.
B) Both women and men asked for pockets in coats and so on.
C) Safety is the last purpose of pockets to develop.
D) Nobody knows who first made the pockets.
74.         This passage is mostly about ________ .
A) how travelers protected expensive papers                B) how pockets developed over time
C) how thieves steals things from pockets                D) how people used to carry purses
B.Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage. (选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文):(共12分)
Some people think only school children do not agree with their parents, however, it is not true.
Communication is a problem for parents and children of all ages. If it’s hard for you to communicate with your parents, don’t worry about it. Here is some advice for you to ____75____ the generation gap(消除代沟).
Don’t argue with your parents. Don’t get to your parents when you are angry. Your parents probably won’t ____76____ your idea if you are shouting at them. And you can’t express yourself well. Go someplace to cool off. Make sure you understand why you are unhappy. Then consider what you want to say to your parents. If you don’t think you can speak to them ____77____, try writing a letter.
Try to reach a compromise(和解). Perhaps you and your parents disagree on something. You can keep your disagreement and try your best to ____78____. Michael’s mother didn’t agree with him about buying a motorcycle. They argued over it. But they finally came to a compromise. Michael bought the motorcycle, but only drove it on certain days.
Of course, your parents might refuse to compromise. In these situations, it is especially important to express love and respect to them. ____79____ respect will keep your relationship strong.
Talk about your values(价值观). The values of your parents are probably ____80____ those of your own. Tell your parents whatyou care about, and why. Understanding your values might help them see your ____81____ in life.
A good relationship with your parents can make you a better and happier person. It is worth having a try!
75. A) help                                B) increase                                C) bridge                                D) attract
76. A) wait for                                B) think about                                C) find out                        D) keep off
77. A) at the moment                B) in this way                                C) now and then                D) on average
78. A) make a decision                B) accept each other                C) enjoy yourselves                D) run away
79. A) Giving                                B) Leaving                                C) Getting                        D) Showing
80. A) the same as                     B) different from                        C) familiar to                         D) interested in
81. A) progress                        B) purposes                                C) levels                                D) energy
D.Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入恰当的词,使其内容通顺,每空格限填一词,首字母已给):(共14分)
Do you know why different animals or pests(害虫) have their special colours? Colours in them seem to be mainly used to p     81       themselves.
Some birds like eating locusts(蝗虫), but birds cannot e     82       catch them. Why? It is because locusts change their colours with the changes of the colours of crops. When crops are green, locusts look green. But as the harvest time comes, locusts change into the same brown colour as crops have. Some other pests whose colours are different from plants are easy to be f     83       and eaten by others. So they have to hide themselves for live and appear only at night.
If you study the animals’ life, you’ll find the m     84       use of colours. Bears, lions and other animals move quietly through forests. They cannot be easily seen by hunters because their colours are much l     85       the trees.
Colours are useful not only on the land, but also in the sea. A kind of fish in the sea can give out a kind of black l     86       when the fish face danger. It spreads over quickly in order to swim away quickly. That is why they can live s     86       though they are not strong at all.
81. p______        82. e________        83. f_______        84. m_______        85. l_______        86. l______        87. s_______
E.Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题): (共14分)  
Education is not an end , but a means to an end. In other words, we do not educate children only for the purpose of educating them .Our purpose is to fit them for life.
In some modern countries it has for some time been fashionable(时兴的)to think that by free education for all--whether rich or poor , clever or stupid --one can solve all the problems of society and build a perfect nation. But we can already see that free education for all is not enough; we find in such countries a far larger number of people with university degrees ,they refuse to do what they think "low "work and , in fact ,work with hands is thought to be dirty and shameful in such countries .But we have only to think a moment to understand that the work of a completely uneducated , farmer is far more important than that of a professor, we can live without education, but we die if we have no food. If no one cleaned our streets and took the rubbish away from our houses, we should get terrible diseases in our towns...
In fact , when we say that all of us must be educated to fit us for life , it means that we must be educated in such a way that , firstly each of us can do whatever work suited to his brains and ability and ,secondly that we can realize that all jobs are necessary to society , and that is very bad to be ashamed of one's work . Only such a type of education can be considered valuable to society.
88.        What’s the purpose of education according to the writer’s opinion?
It is ____________________________________________________________.
89.        Free education isn’t enough, is it?
_______________________________________________________________.
90.        Why do the people with university degrees refuse to do the “low” work?
91.        Do you think farmer is important than that of a professor? Why?
92.        What’s the result of no cleaning workers?
93.        How many ways of education does the passage mention(提及)?
94.        Suppose(假设) you’ll be a traffic police assistant, what do you think of this kind of job?
VII. Writing(写话): (共20分)
94. Write a letter in at least 60 words according to the given situation(根据所给情景写一篇不少于60个词的信,标点符号不占格。)
1、提示:假设你是李平,你注意到你的朋友周方一直没有吃早饭的习惯,一上午的学习效率也不是很高,你很担心。请你给他写封信,告诉你的朋友早饭的重要性,并提出一些建议去帮助他。
2、要求:建议不得少于两条。
3、Phrases for reference(以下短语仅供参考):
                        energy, suggest, after all, at the same time, be able to, be ready for, in order to, instead of

[ 本帖最后由 ShiningEnglish 于 2014-12-17 19:54 编辑 ]

咨询

新2会有新开班吗?.

回复 311楼yanpingsun2002 的帖子

不知道您是否有短信联系过我,本周六早上新二有个新开班,您可以来试听。.

回复 312楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

寒假班计划新鲜出炉

回复 313楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

寒假班还有少量名额。欢迎咨询

回复 314楼ShiningEnglish 的帖子

暑假班更新啦,欢迎咨询。

英语

请问,针对五年级的孩子,只学过一段时间的新概念,有什么课程可以读呢?

英语学习

小学6年级,学过一段时间新概念2,不知道你这边还有什么班级呢?具体安排有没有?怎么收费?

咨询

请问一次几小时,上完新二需要多久?

回复 317楼璇宝宝 的帖子

我这里主要是新概念和学校内容的结合。具体安排您可以加我的微信13512122682.欢迎咨询。

回复 318楼我叫昕妈妈 的帖子

每次两小时,上完新二大概2年左右。

课程更新啦

暑假及现有课程的安排,喜欢的请关注。

[ 本帖最后由 ShiningEnglish 于 2017-1-22 16:57 编辑 ]

你好!有没有适合三年级程度的课程啊,之前没有什么培训

322 1234567
发新话题