发新话题
打印【有1个人次参与评价】

Trouble

Trouble

My daughter accidently knocked the whole bottle of lotion on to the floor last night. It spilled everywhere and the splinter scattered all over the place. It was a terrible mess on spot. She was trying to scoop some while i shouted "get out of the bathroom". I didn't spank her but her tears couldn't help rolling down. So I sent her straight to bed. The lotion is brand new and pricey. Moreover, It took me half an hour to tidy up the bathroom. I feel very tired today. Thank God, it's weekend.

[ 本帖最后由 Emerald 于 2009-3-13 13:18 编辑 ].

回复 1#Emerald 的帖子

well, it seems it was your fault not her...you should put this  "brand new and pricey" out of reach of children, e.g. inside the drawer.

So, please kiss you daughter and ask her to forgive you for your reaction last night..

回复 2#混凝土 的帖子

Thank you. Yes you are right.
My girl was a bit scared when i pulled my face. She thinks I am a strict mum and I am, at least more strict than her Dad. But how do you keep smiling when they are not sensible? I have already taken a deep breath before talking to her. Education is the most complicated subject in the world i found. Children sometimes could drive you mad. You must have enough patient to wait for them to grow up..

Did you break sth. fragile & precious when you were young? Did you have the experiences of being scared by your parent or teachers? Recall your unhappy feelings before shout loudly to your young princess?.

回复 3#Emerald 的帖子

not only patient...did you realize that your daughter think the same? she's also trying to be patient to you and herself...

i have a suggestion which you may try it next time, as your above mentioned situation, first, ask her to freeze, then you clean a corner to let her out, discuss with her how to clean up the mess, and do it together.

then, sit down and appreciate for her help, most important thing is - tell her you're unhappy the lotion was broken, and apologize for your careless that didn't keep it in a safety place. This will make her understand that people need to take responsibility for their behavior, no matter adults or kids..

It's a good place wherever you can study sth. I found my english is very poor.
Thanks english teacher.

回复 5#混凝土 的帖子

You know more about kids than me. I regret to shout at her. I know it's no good..

回复 4#szm 的帖子

I mark your words. Calm down..

回复 6#小泡泡的妈妈 的帖子

There's no English teacher here. Just come and chat. Doesn't matter if you make mistakes..

回复 7#Emerald 的帖子

try to look at the world with her eyes...you'll immediately understand her a lot..

提示: 该帖被自动屏蔽

i can understand, you have already done well enough, i can do better if i were you, so take it easy, maybe your daugter has already forgot it.

honey,  take a deep breath...

lucky you that your daughter did not get hurt while trying to fix the mess..

if it's my son, he would request an apology after I yelled at him.  

And most often, I would say sorry.

发新话题